12 Hour Clamoxin ADULTS 875mg 125mg 10 tabs
Amoxicillin & Clavulanate
CLAMOXIN * 12H is indicated for bacterial infections when caused by organisms sensitive to amoxicillin and clavulanate:
· Infection upper respiratory tract: recurrent tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media, typically caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae *, Moraxella catarrhalis *, Streptococcus pyogenes and Staphylococcus aureus *.
· Infection of the lower respiratory system: Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis, lobar pneumonia and bronchopneumonia, typically caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae *, Moraxella catarrhalis and Staphylococcus aureus * *.
· Infection of the genitourinary system: cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis, typically female genital infections caused by Escherichia coli *, Klebsiella spp .*, Proteus spp .*, Streptococcus spp. and Neisseria gonorrhoeae *.
· Infection of skin and soft tissue infections typically caused by Staphylococcus aureus *, Streptococcus pyogenes and Bacteroides species *.
· Infection of bones and joints: Osteomyelitis typically caused by Staphylococcus aureus *, where a longer therapy may be appropriate.
Some members of these species of bacteria produce β-lactamase, making them insensitive to amoxicillin alone. CLAMOXIN * 12H is effective against bacteria sensitive and resistant to amoxicillin due to the combination of amoxicillin plus clavulanate. Clavulanate works as an inhibitor of β-lactamases. Bacteria producing β-lactamases.
In patients with a history of hypersensitivity to β-lactam antibiotics such as penicillins and cephalosporins. CLAMOXIN * 12H is contraindicated in patients with a history of jaundice or hepatic dysfunction associated with the product. In case of liver failure dosed with caution: monitor liver function at regular intervals.
Dose should be adjusted in patients with renal failure depending on the severity of functional impairment. Controls are indicated liver and renal function and hematological studies on the long-term treatment. Treatment with CLAMOXIN * 12H should be discontinued if allergic reactions occur
CLAMOXIN * 12H Tablets: In mild to moderate infections were given one tablet (875/125 mg) twice daily (every 12 hours) for seven to ten days. The duration of treatment depends on the severity of infection and clinical response. CLAMOXIN * 12H should be administered with food. In severe infections, IV therapy can begin and continue with oral presentations. In renal insufficiency the dose should be adjusted based on amoxicillin:
Drug Name: Clamoxin 12H
Comparable drug patent: Augmentin 12h
Active ingredient: Amoxicillin / clavulanate
Extended-release tablets: No
Laboratory Maver, SA de CV
Box with bottle with 10 tablets
Made in Mexico